Laboratory for Biomaterials
and Translational Medicine
Nanomedicine | Bioimaging | Biosensors
The lab focuses on utilization of functional nanomaterials in diagnostic and therapeutic platforms and finds governing principles for biomedical materials design. Ultimate goals are starting from these findings and set a cutting-edge foundation of engineering sophisticated “multiscale biomedical material systems” for translational applications. In order to achieve the goals, we emphasize fundamental understandings of how nano-structured materials interact with biological systems. We also investigate the thermodynamic and kinetic basis of physicochemical interactions between synthetic biomedical materials and complex biological systems, with a specific focus on the surface chemistry and interface engineering.
– 2019-Present: Assistant Professor, UNIST
– 2016-2018: Assistant Professor, University of Ulsan College of Medicine
– 2013-2016: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of California, San Diego
– 2012-2013: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Environmental and Energy Technology, POSTECH
– 2012: Ph. D. Chemical Engineering, POSTECH.
– 2007: B. S. Chemical Engineering, POSTECH
– 2019: POSCO TJ Park Science Fellow
– 2019: Emerging Investigator, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, Royal Society of Chemistry, UK
– 2018-Present: Associate Editor, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology
– 2018-Present: Education and Accreditation Committee, Korean BioChip Society
– 2017-Present: Committee, Materials Division of the Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers
– 2019-Present: Academic Program Committee, Korean Society of Medical and Biological Engineering