Biosystems Engineering focuses on practical solutions to detect, analyze, and engineer biological objects such as molecules, cells, and tissues. We use bioinformatics to analyze a large amount of data to detect hidden principles and patterns. This field requires extensive biological knowledge, programming and engineering skills.
UNIST BME Research Group Websites
- Genomics labReading life (sequencing DNA). We aim to sequence everything and every one on Earth to analyze their genomes, transciptomes, and eigenomes. The figure shows how diverse tiger, lion, and other animals.
- Genomics labWe compare life using computers. The above shows how animals share genes. In the future, we will compare every living organism to all other organisms.
Physical Biology Biological Physics
- Physical Biology Biological PhysicsNature, Nurture, and Chance. Genetic and metabolic noise arises as a third determinant of phenotype. How to control or how to exploit this intrinsic randomness is at the heart of synthetic biology and metabolic engineering.
- Physical Biology Biological PhysicsCell, Expert of Extreme Plant Engineering. How do living cells allocate resources in the face of physicochemical constraints and ever-changing environment? Growth physiology can be a looking glass that reflects the internal working of the complex biological system.
- Physical Biology Biological PhysicsThe same and not the same! Human society is not a well-mixed “melting pot”, but has developed rather correlated spatial structures. Can it be a bliss or bane?
- Taejoon Lab